Updates and Releases
- Version 5.7 - February 11, 2020
- Version 5.6 - December 17, 2019
- Version 5.5 - November 19, 2019
- Version 5.4 - October 14, 2019
- Version 5.3 - June 4, 2019
- Version 5.2 - May 7, 2019
- Version 5.1 - February 26, 2019
- Version 5.0 - January 2, 2019
Release 5.7 - February 11, 2020
Version 5.7 adds new Email: Suspect Pattern test for emails that have bot like addresses. Default score is -5. Review your results and modify scoring as needed. The release also includes many backend updates for our portal such as updated charting, icons, and JS speed improvements.
Version 5.6 - December 17, 2019
Version 5.6 includes Two Factor Authentication for portal logins. For extra security, turn on Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for your account in the portal under Account | Profile. Also included are: New scoring report on the Data area that will download all data with risk hits and scoring, updated Dashboard charts, and several bug fixes.
Version 5.5 - November 19, 2019
Version 5.5 includes new tests for:
- IP Connection Type: new scoring hits of: Connection Cable DSL, Connection Corporate, Connection Dial-up, Connection Cellular, or Connection Type Unknown. For existing API keys, these scores default to 0/Off. Please update in scoring profiles to start scoring these items.
- Phone Carrier for clients with extra phone testing: JSON returns carrier name and two scoring tests of Carrier Top US (Carrier is one of the top 4 US: ATT, Verizon, Sprint,T-Mobile) and Carrier Not Top US
Version 5.4 - October 15, 2019
Version 5.4 includes a redesign of our back-end to speed up reporting and portal data analysis. Also added a maximum millisecond setting for API processing time as well as security enhancements of session expire notices and password time limits.
Version 5.3 - June 4, 2019
Version 5.3 includes new tests:
- Activity Multiple: IP has X Emails - when an IP has multiple emails. Default -1
- Activity Multiple: Emails has X IPs - when an Email has multiple IPs. Default -1
- Activity Multiple: IP has X Phones - when an IP has multiple phones. Default -1
- Activity Multiple: Phones has X IPs - when a phone has multiple IPs. Default -1
- Name: Profanity - Name contains profanity or high risk word. Default -50
Version 5.2 - May 7, 2019
Version 5.2 includes new features, tests, and some bug fixes listed below.
- Access Control per API key for Portal users - limit the data they can view
- Tag API paging and numbering parameters for large data sets
- Domain Age checking extended to 60 days
- Tagging common domains and email domains in the portal is not allowed anymore (gmail, icloud, hotmail, etc). You can still add via the Tag API, but too many clients were tagging gmail.com as bad by mistake and causing all traffic to score bad.
- Added settings for Activity Multiple cache time frame
- Added end date support for Report API
- New Tests
- Domains and emaildomains (like .tk) that are free to own. Risk Hits are Domain: Free Domain and Email: Free Emaildomain. Default score -5
- Email: Suspect Local checking the local part of emails for high risk patterns. Default score -5. Highly recommend this scores -80 or worse if you do not want email with the F word, etc. in them.
- Name: Improper Case checks the name for proper case. Default score -1
- Fixed: Lead ID exact search, download reports are now filtered properly
Version 5.1 - February 26, 2019
Version 5.1 is a minor release adding roll-up reporting for accounts with multiple API keys, domain traffic estimates as an extra charge feature, and many back-end speed improvements and bug fixes.
Version 5.0 - January 2, 2019
Version 5 is a major update to our platform empowering API key management, additional scoring and settings, and new tests. We have also
- New area to create and manage API keys
- Updated Scoring and Setting areas
- Download Score Profile in csv as well as API call
- New tests in Email, Activity Unique, IP
- Updated Settings:
- Ability to auto set timeout=>false for all API calls
- Send email Alerts to multiple emails
- Removed requirement for IP. API just requires a minimum of IP, Email, or Domain to score
- Improvements and bug fixes for Fingerprint Linking, IP Velocity Movement
Manage and create API keys, Settings and Scoring
The portal has a redesigned area for managing API keys, changing scoring and settings. In the Account menu for Admins is a new option of API Keys Setting and Scoring. From there Admins can create, regenerate, and name keys. Each key also has unique Settings and a Scoring Profile.
Keys with access to the Community API are identified with a icon and must be used for adding/managing Community data.
Each key has separate data, reporting, tags, alerts, fingerprints, activity tracking, settings, scoring profile and is listed by name in the View select menu to filter portal data. Use icons to copy Primary key settings and/or scoring to other keys.
The screens-hot below shows the new features and how to manage API keys.
We also added two API calls for scoring profile reports for an API key:
https://feed-api.ehawk.net/APIKEY/score/profile/?format=csv returns a .CSV file
https://feed-api.ehawk.net/APIKEY/score/profile/ returns a JSON
Updated Scoring and Setting AreasThe Scoring Profile area has been updated to hopefully make setting custom scoring and tracking easier. We have added a download link to get your scoring details in a .csv file. Click on the Area tabs and adjust scoring. No more labels, just numbers to adjust scoring.
New tests in Email, Activity Unique, IPIn addition to improving our blacklists and pattern recognition engine, we added the following tests:
- Email from X Lead Sources - when an email has multiple lead sources
- Email from X Campaigns - when an email has multiple campaigns
- Username links to X Emails - when a username has multiple emails
- Email links to X Usernames - when an Email has multiple usernames
- Username links to X Phones - when a username has multiple phones
- Phone links to X Usernames - when a phone has multiple usernames